Program Coordinator – School Safety Zone
Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaCA$42,000 - CA$50,000 per yearOffice Staff - OTT
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of programming and administrative duties including recruitment activities, crossing guard scheduling, triaging phone calls/emails, etc., aiding with the delivery of the Crossing Guard Program, as part of the School Zone Safety Team at the Ottawa Safety Council.
The Ottawa Safety Council
The Ottawa Safety Council (OSC) is a local non-profit organization since 1957 that delivers best-in-class road safety services, education, training, and awareness to guide communities towards safer roads, no matter how travelled.
Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity
The OSC is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diversity of the residents that we serve. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the OSC is to deliver best-in-class road safe services, education, training and awareness throughout our communities. The vision of the OSC is to guide communities towards safe roads, no matter how travelled. The OSC’s values are rooted in:
- Integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Sustainable programs and organizational goals that promotes wellness and safety.
- Road safety through prevention and education
- Collaboration and empowerment through community engagement
- Customer Focus
- Physical Stamina, Mental Alertness
- Ability to Cope with Stress
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the logistical scheduling of Crossing Guards: receiving, tracking and filling leave requests, including last minute/same day time off requests, longer term leave and vacated positions
- Assist the Senior Program Coordinator with logistical aspects of programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events
- Triage and respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from Crossing Guards and WSB Leaders
- Assist with site visits as necessary
- Track, prepare and submit reports regarding vacancies, time and attendance
- Work closely with the SZS Program Manager, Program Coordinator, Recruiter and HR/Office Manager to fill vacancies
- Support retention and recruitment activities as needed
- Provide administrative program support
- Promptly reporting any potentially dangerous situations to the School Zone Safety Program Manager and Coordinator.
- Provide guidance relative to compliance with policies and safety regulations and practices of the OSC.
- Other duties as required
- Availability to work Monday to Friday in a hybrid work environment
- Police Records Check (PRC) with the Vulnerable Sector – PRC can be completed during the application process. Costs associated with the PRC will be reimbursed by the OSC after three (3) months of employment. Employment offer conditional upon a valid and clean PRC
- English and French required
- Drivers licenses and access to a vehicle – required
- Must have a valid Standard First Aid with CPR C certification
- Secondary School Diploma required, ideally post-secondary education in office administration, human resources, and / or hospitality would be an asset
- Experience with recruitment an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Articulate and is comfortable reviewing resumes, conducting interviews and completing reference checks
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Willingness to travel if required
- Works well with others, and takes direction and criticism in a positive manner
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Knowledge of scheduling, time and attendance tracking software (i.e. Shiftboard) an asset
- Knowledge of client management/database management software an asset
- Knowledge of program strategy, development, implementation, management and evaluation an asset
- WordPress, Adobe Illustrator, Google analytics and other SEOs is an asset.
- Ability to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Local travel is required occasionally
- May require occasional weekend or evening work
- Mandatory availability Monday to Friday, 6:30 - 4:30, WFH flexibility
Salary: $42,000 - $50,000 pending experience
Hours: 37.5/ hours per week
Reports to: Program Manager – School Safety Zone